Heroes 3.5: Wake of Gods Portal > Heroes 3 VCMI towns list
Heroes 3 VCMI towns list
VCMI Mod usage
To install mod unpack archive in /Mods. This should result in such directory structure: <data directory>/Mods/<name of mod>/mod.json. There is no need to activate newly installed mods – any mods not present in list of loaded mods will be considered as newly installed and will be enabled on start.
If you want to activate or deactivate specific mod open file <data dir>/config/modSettings.json. Set mod state to “false” for disabling it or to “true” for enabling. To remove mod delete its folder (<data dir>/Mods/modname). Note that there is no need to update modSettings.json manually.
Data directory location is system-specific:
- Windows : %DOCUMENTS%\My Games\vcmi
- Unix-like : Inside home directory: ~/.local/share/vcmi
From 0.94 it is possible to download and install mods via VCMI launcher. This is preferred method to install mods.
Download and install VCMI
- Stable build: 0.99
- Daily builds: https://builds.vcmi.download/branch/develop/Windows/
- Please report about problems on forums: Help & Bugs
Installing Heroes 3 data files
- Copy “Data”, “Maps” and “Mp3” from Heroes III to:
List of Heroes 3 VCMI new towns