Heroes 3.5: In the Wake of Gods Portal > How to play Heroes 3 HotA on MacOS with M1/M2 Apple
How to play Heroes 3 HotA on MacOS with M1/M2 Apple
Thanks to Alexey, we have a great tutorial on how to play Windows games on M1/M2 Macs. I have no idea how MacOS works, but I hope this tutorial will help someone.
- You need Parallels Desktop with M1 support — https://www.parallels.com/ru/products/desktop/trial/
- Also you need an insider account on Microsoft web site to download WIN 11 for ARM — https://insider.windows.com/en-us/
- Then you need to download WIN 11 for ARM — https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewARM64
- Download Heroes 3 Horn of the Abyss
- Set compatibility mode for the game link (Properties→Compatibility→Compatibility mode→Run this program in compatibility mode with Windows 98; also there — Windows on ARM→Change Emulation Settings→In the dropdown, change «Default» to «Safe emulation»).
- When the game runs for the first time, Windows installs DirectPlay drivers
- Same post in Russian (original with images) — https://vk.com/topic-28951892_29066912?post=4297