Heroes 3.5: Wake of Gods Portal > „A Strategic Quest“ remake for HotA
„A Strategic Quest“ remake for HotA
Buy Heroes games (or any other) on GOG and support Heroes portal.
Na HeroesCommunity fóre sa objavil remake úplne prvej kampane zo série Heroes of Might and Magic, ktorý nesie názov A Strategic Quest. Teraz máte môžnosť si kampaň skúsiť v Heroes II Horn of the Abyss. Archív stačí rozbaliť a súbor A Strategic Quest.h3c skopírovať do zložky Maps. Kampaň nájdete v sekcii Campaign -> Custom.
|A Strategic Quest campaign|
Few things that you should know:
– Kilburn carries over to the next maps,
– it has selectable difficulty. It is in few moments quite difficult, altough not as hard as last map of my PoL remake (or maybe it was just me?),
– the maps are as close to the original as possible, although I took some liberty in a few places to make the experience more unique,
– I also restricted magic guilds in earlier maps a little bit in order to make them harder, besides Morglin writes in letters that his army wasn’t that proficient in magic from the very start and I wanted to recreate it,
– Fly, Dimension Doors, Town Portal, Water Walking and Boat manipulation spells are banned on all maps, as well as Diplomacy,
– from map 3 on you will be able to read original letters that were inside of HoMM1 manual. They are split over a few days in each scenario just in case they were too boring to read in one go,
– all maps are beatable and should work as intended.
– also to prevent Slayer/Lamanda/Alamar from rushing your starting area I changed their color and gave them patrol, they are now a unique boss encounter.