Heroes 3.5: Wake of Gods Portal > Shadows Over Ashan, global mod for Heroes 7 with new faction – Xel
Shadows Over Ashan, global mod for Heroes 7 with new faction – Xel
What exactly is this mod and what happened to the Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer project?
Shadows Over Ashan (TSoA) is a so-called “global modification”, meaning that it works like any official DLC. It will add new things to the original game, specifically a new nation/town and units which you can play in both single player skirmish maps and multiplayer maps on one PC (hot seat).
The original Wryn Pendragon: Umbramancer (WPU) project was canceled, but its strong foundations gave rise to this DLC. Except for campaigns and a script-based systems, everything has been preserved.
|The Shadows Over Ashan mod|
How do I install The Shadows Over Ashan mod and which game version do I need?
First, download the entire package (1,6 GB) and unzip it to your disk. Then move/copy the files listed below to the specific folders – if those folders does not exist, create them. That’s all and you can start playing!
- WPU.upk to: …\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC
- WPU_2.upk to: …\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC
- H7Config.upkto: …\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\CookedPC\Data
- WPU.INTto: …\Documents\My Games\Might & Magic Heroes VII\MMH7Game\Localization\Content\INT
This modification works for the base game Heroes VII with the latest patch installed (Steam/Ubisoft Connect), or the base game with expansion pack Heroes VII: Trial by Fire.
The Shadows Over Ashan mod – What is new?
• new Xel town
• 18 new Xel units
• 4 new neutral units
• 4 new Xel heroes
• new Xel faction skill Mutagenesis
• 1 legendary artifact
• 3 old-new spells: Bless, Curse, Animate Dead
Unfortunately, not everything can be edited in the Heroes 7 editor, so these problems may occur while playing:
- There is no Xel town music.
- There is no Xel town siege map (Dungeon one is used instead).
- There is no Xel town for scenario maps (those has already preset starting towns – even if you select Xel from the menu).
- We do not recommend playing in windowed mode (game may crash).