Heroes 3.5: Wake of Gods Portal > Heroes 5.5: Installation and upgrade guide
Heroes 5.5: Installation and upgrade guide
In order to play Heroes of Might and Magic 5.5 mod seamlessly your device needs to meet the following system requirements.
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 2.00 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240 2.8 GHz
- RAM: 2 GB
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (all 32/64 bit)
- Video Card: 1 GB of VRAM, Shader 3.0, DirectX 9.0c NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 3870
You can begin Heroes 5.5 installation:
- Acquire the game! You can do this from multiple places such as GOG, Steam or Uplay.
- Install Heroes of might and magic V: Tribes of the East (or the GOG Heroes V bundle edition).
- Patch the game up to version 3.01. (if you use the GOG edition you can skip this step). Download the patch from here. For english version choose heroes_might_magic_5_3.01_eu.exe
- Install the latest version of the Heroes 5.5 mod. Dont forget to select Heroes V Tribes of the East directory as the target directory.
- (Optional): Unless your native language is English, you can download appropriate language and campaign dialog pak files from here.
- Check this video showing the whole process:
If you already have the mod installed and want to upgrade go to your heroes 5.5 folder and use Uninstal.exe icon. It removes all mod files and leaves the game clean. Then install the new version as per instructions provided above.
NOTE 1: If the game is installed on Windows System Drive (C:) it is possible the OS to restrict the game from saving a map made with ARMG. This happens because the game requires administrator privileges to create files on the system Drive. To go around the issue start the game as Administrator (Right click -> “Run As Administrator”) or just install the game on a non-system drive.
NOTE 2: If after proper installation the game starts with errors “zlib1.dll, granny2.dll, ubistats.dll and libcurl.dll are missing” the mod is not installed in the Tribe of the east directory. Download and install it from here.