Heroes 3.5: Wake of Gods Portal > Heroes 3 Did you know nr. 38 and 39 – Paralyzing Venom and Petrify
Heroes 3 Did you know nr. 38 and 39 – Paralyzing Venom and Petrify
When a petrified (or sometimes stone gaze) unit is attacked (melee / ranged) it takes half damage but retaliates at full strength. Petrifying attacks are negated by the Recanter’s Cloak and Cursed Ground, but not by the Orb of Inhibition.
When a paralyzed unit is attacked it takes full damage but retaliates at only a quarter of their strength. Paralyzing Venom is negated by the Recanter’s Cloak and Cursed Ground, but not by the Orb of Inhibition.
Additional informations by Mortarial:
- Paralyzing Venom (Scorpicore) is considered as a level 4 “spell”, so it is blocked by the Recanter’s Cloack and Cursed Ground, but unlike Blind (which effect is the same) it works against Green/Red/Azure Dragons, because they are immune only to lvl 1-3 spells.
- Petrifying attack (Basilisk, Medusa) is considered as a level 3 “spell”, same rules for blocking, except Green/Red/Azure Dragons.
- Disease (Zombie) – lvl 2, same as Petrifying attack, except the Recanter’s Cloack.
- Aging (Ghost Dragon) – lvl 5, same as Paralyzing Venom + Gold Dragons.
- Poisonous (Wyvern Monarch) – lvl 1, works with the Recanter’s Cloack and Cursed Grounds.
- All these abilities work with the Orb of Inhibition and in an Anti-Magic Garrisons, because they are passive.
- Summon demons (Pit Lord) – lvl 2, same as Disease, except it works against magic immune creatures. Unlike Disease, Summon demons is active ability so it is also blocked by the Orb of Inhibition and an Anti-Magic Garrisons.
- All other creature ablities are either have identical effect as spells or are not magical.